Herons are very obvious birds during flight but when they are standing still on the waters edge looking for fish they are much harder to spot. Staff at Jacobite Cruises easily picked out this large heron though, it was using the floating pontoons as a vantage point to peer into the Caledonian Canal for a bit of supper.
- @yougotta_travel Hello Konnie, have you travelled with us? 17 hours ago
- @Ardblair Ha ha, wow, what a find on Loch Ness, thanks for sharing with us! Happy weekend ;) 2 days ago
- RT @Ardblair: Hi @jacobitecruises Spotted on one of your cruises:) Have a nice weekend! http://t.co/vYNZAx2gEX 2 days ago
- Thinking of sailing with us on Loch Ness? Join us on FB to see our customer & fan photos of their trips! facebook.com/jacobitecruises 2 days ago
- This video made us smile - thanks to @buzz60 for the mention! ht.ly/l7GmA #lochness 2 days ago
Tag CloudAbriachan Caledonian Canal castle stuart charity Clansman Harbour cruises on loch ness golf highlands Inverness Jacobite Jacobite Cruises Jacobite Jess Jacobite Legend Jacobite Queen Jacobite Spirit Jacobite staff Jacobite Warrior loch dochfour Loch Ness loch ness birds loch ness cruises Loch Ness facts Loch Ness history Loch Ness Monster Loch Ness nature monster nature Nessie New Year Photo competition Premier Inn Inverness Centre Rock Ness scotland ScotlandHour Scottish highlands sunset tour travel Urquhart Castle Valentines competition Valentines Day warrior wildlife winter Year of Natural Scotland 2013