In the Highlands and on Loch Ness we have not seen much of the predicted heatwave. Sunday started no differently with low level cloud and plenty of drizzle. However, just around lunch time the cloud had lifted and Loch Ness was almost like a mirror. By the afternoon the low lying sun was splitting the sky and warming us all up. Sam who was crewing the Jacobite Legend was able to capture this beautiful photograph.
- @AnnaKennedy1 You're welcome. She's a bit shy but we'll do our best to tempt her out for your visit :) 17 hours ago
- @lizziemcmizzie Nice shot of #lochness - did you find Nessie? 19 hours ago
- RT @lizziemcmizzie: Monster-scouting day trip to #LochNess with jgdai! @ Loch Ness instagram.com/p/ZoZ30jpws2/ 19 hours ago
- @AnnaKennedy1 Hi Anna, if you have time you and Patrick might like to sail on Loch Ness with us :) jacobite.co.uk 19 hours ago
- @WalksBritain Great! We'd love to see those. Many thanks :) @scotlandscanals 1 day ago
Tag CloudAbriachan Caledonian Canal castle stuart charity Clansman Harbour cruises on loch ness golf highlands Inverness Jacobite Jacobite Cruises Jacobite Jess Jacobite Legend Jacobite Queen Jacobite Spirit Jacobite staff Jacobite Warrior loch dochfour Loch Ness loch ness birds loch ness cruises Loch Ness facts Loch Ness history Loch Ness Monster Loch Ness nature monster nature Nessie New Year Photo competition Premier Inn Inverness Centre Rock Ness scotland ScotlandHour Scottish highlands sunset tour travel Urquhart Castle Valentines competition Valentines Day warrior wildlife winter Year of Natural Scotland 2013